Wed, Jul 06|
Bitcoin Financial Literacy 101
In this 4 - week program you will learn how to BE YOUR OWN BANK and transact peer-to-peer with a strong base knowledge of playing it safe and smart in the DECENTRALISED economy. Using exchange and trading accounts, hot + cold hardware wallets, send/receive payments, long term saving plans.
When & Where
Jul 06, 2022, 5:15 PM – 6:30 PM
Agnes Water, 43 Bicentennial Dr, Agnes Water QLD 4677, Australia
What to expect
Digital Financial Literacy 101 - Bitcoin 4 week series
5.15pm on Wed 6, 13, 20 and 27 July.
An interactive course built for newcomers to Bitcoin who want to learn the digital skills to be your own bank the smart and secure way.
- Learn the basics in #SAFU Security for Crypto
- Setting up Cryptocurrency Exchange and Trading Accounts
- Setting up and using crypto wallets, digital and hardware
- Long term savings plan with Bitcoin
What you get is:
- 1 x 1.25 Hour introuction to Bitcoin
- 3 x 1.25 hours weekly Learn by Doing sessions to master the basics in Bitcoin
- Access to world class teachers
- Time to work out the best pathway for you to buy, use, secure, send and receive Bitcoin and Crypt
The benefits of crypto-financial literacy
Crypto is a relatively new asset class that began with the creation of the Bitcoin blockchain in 2009. The primary benefit of Bitcoin and most other cryptocurrencies based on blockchain technology is that they don’t have a central authority, payment processor, or company owner.
Instead, crypto networks are peer-to-peer, meaning people can transact directly with one another. Many of the additional benefits of cryptocurrency stem from their decentralised and peer-to-peer nature. For those who know how to use it, some positives of cryptocurrency include:
- Easy, low cost and more private transactions
- Secure form of payment, Bitcoin being the most secure cryptocurrency
- Shorter settlement times and lower fees than legacy banking
- Exponential industry growth and returns, despite volatility
- Cross border payments without the wait times and high costs
- A more inclusive financial system - anyone can participate, no bank account needed
- Transactional freedom between two parties independently of any third parties
- The gateway to Web 3.0, Internet of Money, and new career paths
- An alternative means of exchange to future central bank digital currencies ('Govcoins')
Of course, there are potential pitfalls as well. As with anything, those interested in buying, selling, trading, or even using Bitcion and crypto in their business, would be wise to do their research before getting involved. This 3 week program for Beginners is not financial advice, but instead about self-improving your DIGITAL FINANCIAL LITERACY. Learn what about and how to securely navigate the ecosystem while recognising the risks and avoiding the traps.
4 Week Entry in-person or zoom
This ticket entitles you to attend 5 consecutive sessions of Bitcoin Financial Literacy 101 at Digital Playhouse.