We are crypto-curious and bitcoiner accountants, bookkeepers and advisers. We are innovating within our own practices to support Web3 and blockchain-based businesses.
Our mission is to share knowledge and provide consensus-driven proof-of competence (PoC) for accounting professionals in the crypto space.
SME accountants, bookkeepers and advisers face a groundswell of digital asset adoption. They led the cloud computing revolution and navigated businesses' financial survival in the pandemic. Every business needs a good accountant for guidance in times of economic disruption and rapid change.
Crypto-native businesses need accountants with specific experience for their compliance, processes and systems, reporting and advice. But who is competent to handle their affairs?
Accountants On-Chain is an evolving community on a mission to:
onboard 10,000 accountants into Web3 with Proof of Competence (PoC) by 2025
We will do this by:
building a dynamic consensus-driven professional education system
supporting Web3 accounting-tech startups with learners on the tools
acting as an industry-based business faculty for theschoolofbitcoin.com
developing an inclusive and value-driven decentralised professional association (DAO)
JOIN US! Please subscribe below to receive your invitations to participate
- Sun, Nov 20Online Learning EventNov 20, 2022, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM GMT+10Online Learning EventA learning event livestreamed by Electra Frost from El Zonte, the famous Bitcoin Beach in El Salvador which is being revitalised as part of a $203 mill tourism investment. Entrepreneurs and tourists in the area use Bitcoin to conduct transactions, while workers in the town receive Bitcoin salaries.
- Wed, Nov 02Online CPD Learning EventNov 02, 2022, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM GMT+10Online CPD Learning EventIt is not a manner of if but when digital assets will revolutionise how we interact with businesses and the world around us. Are you ready? Pat White from digital asset finance platform BITWAVE joins Accountants On-Chain to discuss how crypto affects business and our advisory opportunities
- Mon, Oct 17Interactive Video Group CallOct 17, 2022, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM GMT+10Interactive Video Group CallThe webinar will provide you with practical steps on how to set up a business's financial operations using crypto. Build on your cloud accounting experience with the Web3 tools for familiar processes including invoicing, payment approvals, batch payments, escrow, payroll, Xero accounting, and more.
- Wed, Oct 12Interactive Video MeetUpOct 12, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMT+10Interactive Video MeetUpWe won’t become blockchain-based/Web 3.0 practitioners overnight. Initially, we'll combine Web 2.0 & Web 3.0 components to perform familiar functions and processes in our daily practice. Learn how blockchain can bring inherent value to accounting operations with crypto micropayments, NFTs and more.
- Thu, Oct 06Online Learning EventOct 06, 2022, 12:20 PM – 1:30 PM GMT+10Online Learning EventSolving crypto tax for your first crypto clients. Syla is built by Australian tax professionals for Australian tax practice and is here to support tax agents getting started. With co-founder Nick Christie, you will learn how to scope, sell and solve crypto-tax in your accounting practice.
- Tue, Oct 04Interactive Video Group CallOct 04, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+10Interactive Video Group CallJoin us to learn about the various problems accountants encounter when using crypto accounting software, and how they may be solved. Detof is building a Web3 first accounting tool with fiat and crypto fintech integrations to smooth the accounting processes for businesses using digital assets.
- Thu, Sep 29Institute of Public Accountants CPD OnlineSep 29, 2022, 12:30 PM GMT+10 – Sep 30, 2022, 1:30 PM GMT+10Institute of Public Accountants CPD OnlineAccountants and bookkeepers paying attention to digital asset adoption see new opportunities to step into as Advisers. In this AAT Tech Talk, Electra Frost will talk about Accountants On-Chain, business being done in Web3 and the knowledge and tooling needed to guide our clients entering this space.
- Wed, Sep 28Interactive Video Group CallSep 28, 2022, 12:20 PM – 1:20 PM GMT+10Interactive Video Group CallHow to collaboratively manage the payroll and expenses for a DAO. Featuring: Utopia Labs. DAOs are a departure from traditional business structures, leveraging code and blockchain. Accounting and financial processes cannot be overlooked for DAO's so we'll learn how to set up with the right tooling
- Wed, Sep 21Online Event with Q&AsSep 21, 2022, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM GMT+10Online Event with Q&AsLearn from Julian Cheng's (Gilbert + Tobin law) insights into organisational and legal structures for DAOs and other crypto enterprises - covering various transactions including token raises, staking and mining - and the associated tax and employment law implications for founders and contributors
- Wed, Sep 14Online Event with Q&AsSep 14, 2022, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM GMT+10Online Event with Q&AsLearn more about how businesses that receive income and pay expenses in crypto can then do the accounting for this using Xero subledger add-on: AEM Journaler. Founder & BAS Agent, Jacub Sawczuk, will explain and demonstrate best bookkeeping practices and how to get the most out of this system.
- Fri, Aug 19Online EventAug 19, 2022, 11:30 AM – 12:45 PM GMT+10Online EventLearn how Australian small businesses and accountants are adopting eInvoicing to save time on fixing errors and chasing invoices. The ATO join us to explain their role in the Australian eInvoicing landscape. Digital Playhouse is exploring the benefits of blockchain-based systems and how they work.
- Thu, Aug 11Online EventAug 11, 2022, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM GMT+10Online EventEthics is our foundation and awareness enables our competency. But how can tax practitioners handle the steep learning curve of crypto? RMIT Tax Lecturer Dr Elizabeth Morton joins us to discuss ethics challenges, CPD options relative to our services, and how we can influence potential tax reforms.
- Mon, Aug 01Interactive Video Group CallAug 01, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+10Interactive Video Group CallSetting up an accounting and reporting back-office for Web3 startups, crypto-native enterprises, institutions and DAOs. Featuring: Cryptio.io Join our fortnightly web3 business and cryptoliteracy event. We share insights, and navigate resources and tooling to improve our clients' businesses and ours
- Mon, Jul 04Interactive Video Group CallJul 04, 2022, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT+10Interactive Video Group CallLearn how various crypto assets operate and what info to gather, before applying tax rules. Featuring: CryptoTaxCalculator. Join our fortnightly web3 business and cryptoliteracy event. We share professional insights, and navigate resources and tooling to improve our clients' businesses and our own.
- Mon, Jun 20Interactive Video Group CallJun 20, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+10Interactive Video Group CallLearn about accounting software for crypto-native companies; chains, Web3 and DAOs. Featuring: Coinbooks. Join our fortnightly web3 business and cryptoliteracy event. We share professional insights, and navigate resources and tooling to improve our clients' businesses and our own.
- Wed, Jun 01Zoom WebinarJun 01, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PMZoom WebinarWe learn about Auditchain, the world’s first decentralized accounting, financial reporting, audit, and analysis protocol. Imagine earning passive income through a mechanism which ensures integrity based on proof of existence in a public blockchain. How may we utilise and experience such technology?
- Mon, May 23Interactive Video Group CallMay 23, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+10Interactive Video Group CallTHERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS! Join our fortnightly friendly discussion event for accountants, bookkeepers and advisers. Improve your crypto and blockchain knowledge and stay up to date on the regulations with our Accountants On-Chain community.
- Mon, May 09Zoom WebinarMay 09, 2022, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT+10Zoom WebinarB2B payments and employee reimbursements can be an accounting nightmare in crypto, and enterprises must be considered in the adoption of this new technology. Electra Frost Advisory and Request Finance explain the accounting conventions and demo an all-in-one finance solution built for Web3.